Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Update: Walmart Synthesis Essay

Please provide me a printed version MLA style essay, double spaced, on March 7th.  Posting the first draft your blog is optional, but the second draft will be mandatory for the blogs (complete with embedded links and proper pics etc). 

Do: 
  • Include embedded links within your blog post that take the reader to the primary source (not your classmate's blog/wikipedia).  
  • Read up on the info I provided about synthesis essays.  
  • Make use of direct quotes, paraphrasing, and facts.  Mingle your analysis and focus on your argument as was done in The Price of Pickles.
  • Include a Works Cited list using MLA format.  Put this at the bottom of the essay in your blog. Add it as a separate piece of paper in the printed version.
  • Include a cover page for the printed version, and make it look like this: 

By making you post this on your blog and on paper, I want you to get practice adhering to university-formatted papers (usually MLA format) while aslo presenting it as a mixed media entity on the blog.  Have fun.  

2 comments:

  1. Mr. Garrioch, there must be a problem with my blog :(
    I posted a new Catfish post, but then it doesn't show up on your blog. It still shows my Walmart post.. What should I do!? well, should I do anything?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice article , Thanks for sharing , checkout my work on ap lang synthesis essay .

    ReplyDelete